Saturday, May 13, 2017

Don't Do Life Alone

Emotional post, don't even know where to start other than saying I don't want to see this happen to anyone ever again, but a friend of mine took their own life last night, and it's a terrible, horrible, sad, overwhelming, tragic thing. 

I usually have words, thoughts, scripture, advice for people in most situations, but that has hit me like a million bricks on my head, I've only been able to actually say it out loud once and I swear it was almost impossible. I feel terrible for him, his family, his friends, I struggle with "is there anything I could've done or said to have prevented this" and a whole laundry list of other emotions and questions, its terrible, but this post isn't about me, it's about you. 

What I want to make sure my friends understand is that if you need someone to talk to or you need someone at your side, I'm here, call, text, message or whatever you need from me, any time, it's A ok, I won't ever be upset by a late call or text from a friend in need. You don't need to take your life, there are people who care and are willing to be there to help you. And I know it might go beyond what someone like me or another friend can offer as help, but we can be by your side as you get whatever kind of help you need. I've got tons more I want to say, but I don't even know how to word it, but know that you are loved, not just by friends or family, but by a Heavenly Father also who's love knows no bounds, He knew you before he formed you and he numbered the hairs on your head. No matter how bad things get, tomorrow is a new day and me and other friends like me in your life are there for you. 

If you need to talk to someone you don't know, there are resources available to you. You're not alone. Confidential help is available for free. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Call 1-800-273-8255 Available 24 hours everyday 

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;” - ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭34:18-19‬ ‭NIV‬‬
If you'd like to subscribe to this blog and receive updates by e-mail, just click this LINK and follow the instructions, thanks and have a blessed day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment