Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Putting your God Given Witnessing Skills to USE!

Week 4 Recap!

Last Thursday, the day after last week's class, I had the opportunity to go out with the Current on an outreach event. Initially I was a little bit reluctant because I've been pretty overwhelmed lately and haven't had a lot of time for family. However, after talking with J.R. I realized they really needed some help with setting up a sound system for worship and preaching. I felt like I really needed to go so that the skills God gave me for Media could be used to help this outreach. God really convicted me in the moment when I thought about not going because I wanted some "me" time....oops...God was calling me out and I was thinking about ignoring him...

I almost missed the boat on an awesome opportunity to witness to several individuals, one young man in particular. I went on to the outreach event and had some great help to set up the sound system. Everything worked just perfect. God started to tug on my heart to let someone else watch the sound system and for me to get involved in praying for the people there. So I did. I prayed with a man who had a teenage son missing, I prayed for a man who's wife had recently died and he blamed himself, I prayed for a handful of other individuals with heartbreaking stories. 

As we were packing up a young man happened to walk by me and I had seen him with a Bible earlier asking some questions. God prompted me to ask him about his Bible, and we started a conversation in which I used the 5 questions from last week's class to lead our conversation to talking about his spiritual walk. We talked for over an hour and we never had any argument or controversy. I just asked him the questions and let him talk. It was an AWESOME experience. He did not choose to accept Christ at that time, however, from our conversation I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt he will not forget what we talked about. He had some knowledge of Christ so I know that a seed has been planted in his life, our time together was definitely an opportunity for the seed to be watered.

God calls us to be a light in the darkness on Earth, we are in the World but not to be of the world. Be sensitive to the spirit and be prepared in season and out season.
I look forward to seeing you in class, I continue to be in prayer for witnessing opportunities for each of you and those that you are witnessing to will have open hearts and open minds.

If you have friends, family, or co-workers who you think might be interested in attending our class, send them to our class page @ http://wednesdaysonpurpose.com/sjwf.html


Also please click HERE to visit our class Facebook group! If you take a picture of your WednesdaysOnPurpose Yard sign and either bring the picture to class or post it in our Facebook group I will give you an extra 5,000 class points.

Make sure to comment on the Blog by clicking HERE, choose anonymous when posting your comment and just sign your name at end of your comment.

3 comments:

  1. Ryan n tiff u guys r the best love y'all so much we are very blessed to have such amazing friends a y'all! God knew what he was Doin when he put y'all n Justin n my life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't know how u fit everything in but really appreciate u guys!
    kf

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have enjoyed the class very much thank you ronnie/shirley

    ReplyDelete